Whale Watching Victoria BC
- Rates and Schedules for Public Tours
- Private Tours are custom scheduled
Each summer Victoria becomes a Mecca for whale-watching from around the world. We offer private tours aboard our luxury zodiac.
One of our happy clients!
Humpback whales 40 minutes offshore from Victoria, BC - Photo Credit Jeff Lorton
Birds of a Feather whale-watching departures can be from Victoria’s inner harbour, from Sidney, Metchosin, Sooke, Salt Spring Island, or anywhere we can trailer the boat. In fact we can even come to Vancouver and pick you up there, or just about anywhere on Vancouver Island. We specialize in custom private small-group charters which sail to your convenience and schedule.
- The best time of year for Orca (killer whale) watching is April through October. The Juan de Fuca and Haro Straits are home to three Resident Orca pods, called J, K and L pods, which total nearly 100 Orcas. In addition to the Orcas, we often see Minke, Gray and Humpback whales, porpoise, Stellar and California sea lions, harbour seals, elephant seals, river & sea otters and a large variety of sea birds such as cormorants, bald eagles and puffins, to name only a few. Sighting success rates during this peak season can range up to 99 % !!
- wmv movie of Orcas with audio .89 MB
- mpeg Orca breaching amongst kayakers 1.95 MB … a good reason to book one of our boats :-)
Below: A Humpback whale flukes his tail in the ocean waters of the Strait of Juan de Fuca just off southern Vancouver Island